Benefits of learning German
6 reasons for ActiLingua
- Modern school with bright, tastefully furnished modern classrooms
- Centrally located in Vienna's embassy district; opposite "Schloss Belvedere"
- City centre 15 minutes by public transport
- Student lounge with coffee, cold beverages and snacks. 20 computer work spaces, free WiFi. Newspapers, books and DVDs for rent.
- 10-15 additional classrooms next door at the ActiLingua-Dependance Sacré Coeur
- Partly air conditioned, non-smoking
- Year-round German courses for all levels (A1-C2)
- Small international study groups (no more than 10% per nationality - see here)
- Courses start every Monday, for beginners once a month
- Highly qualified teachers who are German native speakers
- Special courses: Business German, University Preparation & Enrolment Guidance, German and Music, German and Work Experience, German and Wintersports
- Official examination centre for the Austrian Language Diploma OSD
- Exams for 6 course levels from A1-C2
- Exams consisting of 4 proficiencies: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- 380 examination centres world wide
- 40,000 examinees each year
- Recognised by all Austrian, as well as many German (27), Swiss (4) and Italian (1) universities.
- 20 modern, well-furnished Standard and Superior Apartments
- Recently renovated Art Nouveau building in quiet location
- School and city centre are reachable in 10-15 minutes by public transport
- Year-round availability with breakfast, half-board or self catering
Host Family: single or twin rooms, with breakfast or half-board.
Apartments: single or twin rooms with shared bathroom and kitchen.
Student House (July and August): single or twin rooms, with breakfast or half-board.
- Vienna city walks guided by our teachers
- Special interest classes: language immersion, job & career, art & creativity
- Talks on Austrian, music, art, history, culture
- Fun & adventure in the evening: Waltz course, parties, torchlight walk
- Excursions on weekends e.g. to Salzburg at cost price